Check out MomStart’s newest giveaways:
Pictured, left to right: Salli, Wendy, me, Deborah, Connie & Emily. Photo by Brittany Rawlings. Tr[...]
I have been putting on black eyeliner pretty much every single time I apply makeup since I w[...]
Check out MomStart’s newest giveaways:
Comment number 96, Melody, who said: “I want Honey Vanilla.” Congratulations!
The 3rd Annual Energizer Ultimate Photo Contest is running now through June 30th – entrants can submit photos in categories like Animals/Wildlife, Travel, and Weather for a chance to win a National Geographic Expeditions trip for two to Greece and a feature in an upcoming issue of National Geographic magazine – click here to enter.
Energizer is sending me a complimentary package of batteries to thank me for including them in my contest listings!
1. For your first entry, click here to subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter. Then come back here and leave a comment on this post with the email address you used to subscribe!
This step is required to qualify for the drawing. Be sure to leave an email address with your comment, so that I may notify you in the event that you are the lucky winner!
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and Tropical Traditions. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the top of the page to tweet with one click!
4. Click here to follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter. Then come back here and leave a comment with your Twitter username!
5. Subscribe to my blog updates by entering your email into the “Subscribe” box in the sidebar. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
6. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
7. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it:
DYMO has two contests running currently:
Second, DYMO is hosting a “Perfect Personal Assistant Sweepstakes” where you could win a trip for 2 to LA and other prizes – click here to enter, ends June 5th.
The first thing I did was test the bleach on some extraordinarily stubborn stains. One of Jai’s shirts has a large discoloration from some sort of wood varnish, and another has rust-colored spots on it. I have tried everything to remove these stains, to no avail – soaking in hot water with regular bleach, powerful stain remover, you name it; so I figured I would see if the Oxygen Bleach could help.
The Oxygen Bleach comes in powdered form, a bit like laundry detergent. I put a generous amount in the washing machine with hot water and soaked the shirts overnight; unfortunately, the stains remain. No other product has been successful at this task, nor are the stains fresh, so I’m really not sure if anything is capable of treating these stains. (Anyone reading this know how to remove wood varnish stains?!)
For my next test subject, I used a pair of Jai’s pants that had gotten covered in dirt and grime when he was replacing windshield wipers on the car. I threw this in the wash with some Oxygen Bleach, and this is how they looked when I pulled them out:
Spotless – good as new! This got everything out without me using any additional stain removers. I’m glad to add this to my laundry shelf – and since it’s multi-purpose, it can also be used for other household cleaning needs; so I have a feeling it will be handy to have in my cleaning arsenal.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Want to put Oxygen Bleach to the test on your own laundry pile? Click here to enter my giveaway for a 6-lb tub!
AT&T is holding a “Lose The Laptop” contest where you can enter to win a $250 American Airlines gift certificate and an HTC Tilt 2 device by voting for your favorite “Lose The Laptop” challenger. Click here to enter, ends April 30th.
Here’s the latest giveaways happening at MomStart:
Mom Start – National Geographic Little Kids Magazine – Ends 4/26
Mom Start – Dominos Pizza 20.00 GC – Ends 4/26
Mom Start – Secrets of the Mountain DVD and CD – Ends 4/26
Mom Start – 3D Photo Cards 20 winners – Ends April 26