Welcome to Sweepstakes Saturday! Are you hosting a giveaway on your blog this week? Then list it below, so that we can all enjoy a few fun contests to start the weekend off right!
This post is sponsored by PerfectYourself.com.
If you were offered a free makeover, would you take it? Being a fashionista and makeup queen, I am always reinventing myself and trying new looks. Whether it’s dying my hair, wearing new fashions or putting on a new eyeshadow color, playing dress-up has never gotten old for me. It’s just so much fun!
Of course, some makeovers are more drastic. One of my not-so-guilty-pleasures is watching reality shows about plastic surgery – I find it fascinating to hear the patients tell their stories and why they chose to have cosmetic procedures done. And it seems that plastic surgery is becoming more and more commonplace: I was recently introduced to the concept of a “Mommy Makeover”, or procedures for women who are unhappy with their bodies post-pregnancy. I think it’s important for moms to take the time to care for themselves, but I feel there is far too much pressure on women to lose weight immediately after giving birth. I think new moms should be able to enjoy some downtime with their infant without feeling like they have to run to the gym instantly!
That being said, I can see how plastic surgery could benefit some people. I think for someone with healthy self-esteem and a legitimate concern, a cosmetic procedure could potentially provide positive results. If cosmetic surgery were free and came with no risks, I’d be tempted to look into it myself – but I don’t foresee a tummy tuck anywhere in my future, so I think I’ll just stick to watching Dr. 90210!
Readers: Have you ever gotten a makeover?
And the winners of the Esperanza Spalding – Chamber Music Society Album giveaway are…
Winner #1 is comment number 25, Charlene Kuser, who said: “I am following your blog (Charlene)”. This is Charlene’s third Contest Corner win – she was also a winner in the Conserve Cleaners giveaway last month and the Ouchies Gift Pack giveaway in September 2009!
Winner #2 is comment number 21, Buddy Garrett, who said: “I would like to win because this sounds very interesting.” This is their second Contest Corner win – they were also a winner in the Conserve Cleaners giveaway!!
I ended up using Random.org again to pull this giveaway, as I was continuing to have problems using the “And The Winner Is…” plugin. I’m going to keep troubleshooting the plugin and will keep everyone posted.
Back in May, I hosted a giveaway from Contest Corner reader Paige’s Avon shop. Well, Paige is a busy woman, because she also runs her own Etsy shop, PSCuteHairBows, which debuted this month. To celebrate, she would like to offer one reader a prize from her new store!
One lucky Contest Corner reader will win the Pink Squiggle Korker Bow pictured above! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, click here to visit PSCuteHairBows. Then come back here and leave a comment mentioning your favorite product! This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and PSCuteHairBows. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
5. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
6. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: