Cleaning the toilet is one of my least favorite chores – and I think many of you will agree with that sentiment! So when I had a chance to try out the new Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner through the Family Review Network, I was eager to take them up on the offer. Anything that could make cleaning the toilet easier is OK with me! And one lucky Contest Corner reader will win a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner of their own, so read on!
I’ve use a lot of Scrubbing Bubbles products in the past, and I’ve always been satisfied with their performance. This new automatic toilet cleaner takes its inspiration from their Automatic Shower Cleaner, and it’s a very unique concept. You hang the bottle of cleaning solution off the toilet tank (or place it on the floor behind the toilet, if you prefer), and clip a dispenser underneath the seat that shoots Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner out three times a day. The dispenser comes with a built-in sensor, to avoid it spraying out cleaner at, ahem, unfortunate times. (I have to say, this warning on the product leaflet cracked me up!)
My bathroom has been out of commission recently due to some heavy construction, which we are just wrapping up; so I had my first opportunity to set up the unit yesterday. The assembly looked pretty complicated, but it wasn’t that bad. I wish the instructions came with a little more information, because I’m unclear as to how some of it works: Does the lid have to stay down for the sprayer to work? Is that how the sensor detects when the toilet is in use, or can it tell when people walk into the room? I’m not quite sure. In the instructions, it advised facing the spray sensor away from windows, vents, and fans; however, there is a window on one wall and a vent on the other, so I just faced it away from the window.
The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner at work in my bathroom
I love the idea that this sprays down the toilet every 8 hours: I think having the toilet continually cleaned throughout each day is just fantastic. Obviously, since I haven’t had the unit up for long yet, I can’t say if it will eliminate the need for me to use a toilet brush – obviously, a spray of cleaner is different from a good scrubdown with a brush, but at the same time I think having cleaner sprayed at the bowl all day long will help reduce overall grime. Also, I love the Scrubbing Bubbles scent! It makes the room seem much cleaner to have this unit automatically cleaning all through the day. In all, I think this is a great concept – I have a feeling Scrubbing Bubbles will continue to tweak the Automatic Toilet Cleaner and make improvements, so I’m really interested to see where this “Automatic” line of products goes. My only concern is that one of my guests might end up experiencing a Scrubbing Bubbles bidet if the unit should go off at an inopportune time!
One lucky Contest Corner reader will win a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner of their own! This unit comes complete with batteries and a 30-day supply of cleaning solution, worth $26! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, click here to check out the Scrubbing Bubbles product line. Then come back here and leave a comment mentioning another product that you would like to try! This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Leave a comment with your favorite bathroom cleaning tip!
3. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and Scrubbing Bubbles. Then come back here and leave me the link!
4. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
5. Click here to follow Scrubbing Bubbles on Twitter. Then come back here and leave a comment with your Twitter username!
6. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
7. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
8. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it:
Rules, regulations, and other important stuff: Giveaway ends on September 6th at 11:59 PM, PST. Winner will be chosen the following day via Random.org. Winner has 24 hours to respond to my notification email, or a new winner will be chosen in their place. Giveaway is open to US residents. This post was written for Family Review Network & Scrubbing Bubbles who provided the complimentary product for review and giveaway in exchange for my honest review.