As summer vacations come to an end, students prepare to resume their studies while parents brace themselves for the chaotic mornings ahead as they shepherd everyone to school. You’re probably already stocking up on coffee so that you can get through the hectic days ahead – so with that in mind, Eight O’Clock Coffee would like to share eight back-to-school tips to help you stay calm and organized during those first few school mornings!
Eight Back-to-School Tips From Eight O’Clock Coffee
1. Forget stopping for your morning coffee – that takes a lot of time and money. Prep your coffee pot the night before, so all you have to do when you wake up is flip the switch. Your coffee will brew as you get everyone ready and out the door.
2. Invest in a great travel mug to take your freshly brewed coffee to go. (Make sure it fits in your car’s cup holder).
3. Keep a calendar with everyone’s schedules on it right next to the coffeemaker. You can glance at it in the morning and know what’s in store for the day.
4. Pack lunches and plan outfits the night before to avoid morning confusion.
5. Keep grab-and-go breakfast foods, like granola bars and bananas, on hand.
6. Give yourself a time cushion for unexpected delays (don’t wake up at the last minute!).
7. Instead of dumping leftover coffee, store it in the fridge before you walk out the door. An iced coffee can serve as a nice afternoon pick-me-up.
8. To make mornings even easier, that smooth, rich taste of Eight O’Clock Coffee will be available in Keurig K-Cups this fall.
With these EIGHT GREAT TIPS, you can savor those last moments of summer and enjoy a smooth transition back to the daily grind.
There’s some good tips here for everybody, even if you don’t have school-age kids. Hint #1 is a big one in my house – these days, we almost always pre-make coffee the night before so that all I have to do is shuffle over and turn it on! Last night, we pre-loaded the coffee maker with Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Original Blend. They forwarded me a complimentary sample along with these tips so that I’d be able to make my mornings easier, too! I’m a big fan of their coffees, and the original blend is a classic – it’s so smooth and drinkable. It’s definitely making this morning easier for me, since I’ve been up since 4:30 AM – hint: I’m drinking it as I write this!
Parents: How do YOU make school mornings easier?