Are you looking for the perfect CD to play during Chanukah celebrations this year? Then look no further! Chanukah Fever is a super fun album from Mama Doni, the lead singer/songwriter of The Mama Doni Band, bringing you “13 Macca-beats for the whole family”. And one lucky Contest Corner reader will win a copy of Chanukah Fever, so read on!
Chanukah Fever is festive album that delivers upbeat songs celebrating everything Chanukah. The cover of the album features Mama Doni in a white pantsuit à la John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, reaching her hand up to light the menorah. The record starts out in an appropriately disco fashion with the album’s funky title track, then takes us through a musical journey with songs incorporating everything from contemporary pop/hip-hop (“The Funky Gold Menorah”) to country-western (“Honey, This Ain’t Money!”) and Latin-inspired numbers (“La Vida Dreidel”). Mama Doni takes inspiration from a wealth of musical traditions on this disc, with influences from klezmer to reggae. This fun and unique record is the perfect way to commemorate the holiday and will be enjoyed by all ages!
Chanukah Fever Track List:
2. Chanukah Fever
3. Latke Man
4. Honey, This Ain’t Money!
5. The Legend of Sour Cream vs. Applesauce
6. The Funky Gold Menorah
7. Bubbie’s Mi Yimalel
9. A Land Called Sufganiyot
10. Dear Hanukah Harry
11. Mac A. Bee
12. I Say Chanukah (You Say Hanukah)
13. La Vida Dreidel
14. Ma-oz Tzur Finale
One lucky Contest Corner reader will win a copy of Chanukah Fever! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, click here to visit MamaDoni.com, then come back here and leave a comment on this post telling me something that you learned! This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and MamaDoni.com. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
5. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
6. Post Contest Corner’s button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it:
7. Add the Holiday Gift Guide 2011 badge to your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: