Valentine’s Day is here, and it’s only a few hours before you get off work. You still haven’t picked up anything for your significant other. If you’re on a tight budget and wondering what on earth you can grab at the store as a gift that won’t get you in the doghouse, then Duraflame and I are here to help you out! Last night, I received a complimentary box containing an “Emergency Valentine’s Day Kit” that you could easily replicate at any big box store. Here is your shopping list to save the day and create a cozy night at home:
1. A Duraflame Gold Log. This hefty log weighs 7 pounds and it enough to burn all evening – an estimated 4 hours or more. Since we don’t have a fireplace, I dropped this off at Grandma’s house and snapped a quick pic (Above) to give you an idea of what a romantic evening kit should look like. Grandma loves Duraflame’s logs, and I think one can be assured of a long-burning, cozy fire with one of these.
2. A romantic CD. I received Barry White’s Greatest Hits – very fitting for Valentine’s Day! (Remember the feedback Nicholas David got when he covered Barry White on The Voice?)
3. Cute bath & body stuff. I got some massage oil and glittery bubble bath. Check out the bath section for inspiration – and hey, most of the heart-shaped stuff should be on clearance now!
4. Chocolates. I received two Lindor truffles. Only one is pictured, because I ate the other last night. WELL! They did say it was an emergency kit, and I was having a chocolate emergency, clearly.
5. Candles. This will add the perfect lighting next to the fireplace!
Check out the store locator on Duraflame.com to find the closest store to you. You can send me a thank-you note later for saving your v-day!
How are you spending Valentine’s Day?