If you’re looking for a uniquely personal present this holiday season, why not give your loved ones the gift of immortalizing their precious memories for an entire decade? THREE lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a copy of Journal 10, the diary that allows you to record ten years worth of memories, so read on!
I’ve been journaling since I was 10. My first diary entries detailed what was happening in that day’s episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! At some periods in my life, I’ve written in my journal every single day; at other times, I write sporadically, but I always have a current diary on hand. I have a box full of all the journals I’ve kept over the years, and it is truly amazing to look back and see what was going on in years past. There’s been times when I’ve been able to identify what happened on a particular day in the past by pulling out a journal. They are one of my prized possessions and one of the things I mentioned I would save if there was ever a fire!
Of course, I’m a writer, so journaling comes naturally to me. Many people would like to start a diary, but have no idea where to start or feel intimidated by the amount of work it will take. Journal 10 was designed to solve this problem by creating a journal that anyone can easily maintain, whether you’re a wordsmith or not. The concept is fascinating: This book fits 10 years worth of data into one book, with the current edition running from 2012 to 2022! The book’s pages are broken down into each day of the calendar year, with a small spot to jot down notes on the day. It displays 10 years worth of journal entries at a time, so if you’re writing down an entry for February 2nd, you’ll see a space to write in for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, all on one page. Because the slots are small – about the size of an average day on a weekly planner – it makes it easy and concise to notate whatever you want about the day. You could use this to track personal feelings and goals, day-to-day activities, or as a general life/business organizer. The book also includes a monthly overview at the beginning of each new month, places to list goals & accomplishments, extra pages to note additional thoughts (Complete with a hand you can circle on any entry if you have a lot to say and want to signify that it’s continued on one of the extra pages), and a section in the back to list address & phone numbers, special days and events, as well as space to note important medical/automobile info. With a soft leatherette cover, this book is designed to last the wear and tear of a decade’s use.
I love getting new journals – people have been known to buy me unique journals as gifts – so I was really pleased to receive my own complimentary Journal 10. At the moment, I’m trying to decide whether to use it for practical organizational purposes, or just to keep track of memories! Journal 10 is a perfect gift for any person who has ever wanted a convenient way to log their life – the simple-to-use format will make it appealing to anyone, whether or not you think of yourself as a writer.
You can pick up a copy of the latest 2012 – 2022 edition on Journal10.com for $39.95. This is a perfect holiday gift since the New Year is right around the corner!
THREE lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a Journal 10 of their own! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, just leave a comment on this post and tell me: Do you keep a journal? This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and Journal 10. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
5. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
6. Post Contest Corner’s button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it:
7. Add the Holiday Gift Guide 2011 badge to your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: