Looking to change up your skin care routine? Then this beautiful giveaway is for you! FIVE lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a bottle of Enzyme Cleansing Gel from Mario Badescu Skin Care, so read on!
I absolutely love trying new beauty products, so when I got a box full of complimentary goodies from Mario Badescu, I was excited! The package contained everything you see in the photo above:
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel. This is a great, refreshing gel cleanser to be used in the morning and evenings. I love the clean scent and find it to do a good job cleaning my face.
- Seaweed Cleansing Lotion. This product is a toner, which was great timing as I had just ran out of toner! I love how the bottle is designed – you have to squeeze it for the toner to come out, which stops it from slopping all over the place or overly-saturating your cotton ball.
- Drying Lotion. This is a very unique acne product, unlike any other that I’ve seen personally. The bottle has a pink sediment at the bottom and a clear, astringent-like liquid on top. You are meant to dip a cotton swab down into the sediment and apply it to your blemish, with very specific instructions not to shake the bottle. This seems like something my sensitive skin can handle occasionally, at least in the few times I’ve tried it. It seems more geared towards certain types of acne than perhaps everyday blemishes, but I’ll certainly keep it handy.
- Oil Free Moisturizer. This is a really nice moisturizer that I like because it has an SPF of 17, making a perfect day cream for me. It goes on smooth and has the kind of creamy consistency that I tend to like in a moisturizer.
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream. This is a thick cream for the undereye area that you can use in the mornings as well as at night.
- Flower & Tonic Mask. I love using face masks, and this is a great, classic green mask treatment! I’ve only gotten a chance to use it once, but I enjoyed it!
I’ve been testing these products out for around two weeks, and I really had a blast trying them out. Beauty products are one of life’s little luxuries that I really enjoy. The one issue I had was that not quite a week into using them, I noticed skin irritation on my face and particularly around my eyes. My skin is super sensitive and sometimes I will have a reaction to a product even after using it for a while. I took a break from the products for a few days and then started to slowly re-integrate them into my routine so I can find out which one caused the irritation. I’ve been using the cleansing gel twice daily for about a week since and that seems to have been very gentle as I’ve had no troubles at all. I’ve also used the day moisturizer a few times since. I have a feeling that it’s either the eye cream or the toner that may have been too much for my skin – I’m going to keep testing and report back with what I find. Keep in mind, my skin is extremely sensitive, so I have problems with skin care products that most people are fine with. I even have to use a certain brand of shaving cream or I get a huge rash on my legs!
FIVE lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a bottle of Enzyme Cleansing Gel! Entry is easy via the Rafflecopter form below: