With a career that spans decades and has produced so many timeless hits, The Doobie Brothers are a band that need no introduction. Today, September 28th, marks the release of their first album in ten years, World Gone Crazy. And to celebrate, one lucky Contest Corner reader will win a copy of the new CD, so read on!
World Gone Crazy mixes the classic Doobie Brothers sound with a 2010 approach to recording. This record delivers the same solid songwriting, rich harmonies, and signature sound that you would expect from The Doobie Brothers, and adds a new twist by embracing modern technologies. Yesterday, the band hosted a special interactive concert – which we streamed live right here on Contest Corner – that broke ground for being the first event of its kind. This is just one of many ways that The Doobie Brothers have utilized a contemporary approach without compromising their sound and style.
The first single off World Gone Crazy is “Nobody”, a remake of their 1971 debut. The record also includes cuts like “Don’t Say Goodbye”, with guest vocals from former member Michael McDonald, and “I Know We Won,” a duet with Willie Nelson. My personal favorites off this record were “Old Juarez” and the title track “World Gone Crazy”. It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of classic recording techniques – I would love to hear a new Doobie Brothers album recorded with 70′s methods! – but I thought The Doobie Brothers did a great job on this record of adding modern elements while staying true to their sound.
One lucky Contest Corner reader will win a copy of World Gone Crazy! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, just leave a comment on this post and tell me what your favorite Doobie Brothers song is! This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and The Doobie Brothers. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
5. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
6. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: