Earth’s Own, Canada’s award-winning, leading non-dairy beverage company, is debuting their best-selling almond and rice milks here in the US. To celebrate, one lucky Contest Corner reader will win a voucher for a carton each of Almond Fresh and Ryza AND a $40 Whole Foods gift card, so read on!
Almond Fresh and Ryza are Earth’s Own almond and rice milks, respectively. I received a carton of each variety in today’s mail to sample, and I was looking forward to giving them a try. I love regular milk, but I also enjoy trying dairy alternatives. I’ve had almond milk before, but prior to today I have never tasted a rice milk, so I was interested to see what it would be like. Ryza is a whole grain brown rice beverage, made with 100% whole grain non-GMO brown rice. It’s somewhat similar to soy milk – it has a very sharp, almost savory taste. You can definitely taste the brown rice, but somehow it works as a drink. It doesn’t look like any milk I’ve ever had before, but don’t let the appearance put you off – it’s really not bad, although it may be an acquired taste for some, with an interesting mouth feel.
The Almond Fresh almond milk is a bit sweeter than the rice milk, with a bold, nutty flavor. I prefer the flavor of this to the rice milk, although I enjoyed them both; Jai told me that the flavor of the rice milk takes some getting used to, but said that he liked both of these equally and would drink them again.
Both these products offer 4% of your daily value of fiber per serving. 1 cup of Ryza contains one serving of whole grains, making it a great way to boost your whole grain intake. One suggested use is to substitute Ryza for water or milk in recipes to add an extra serving of whole grains to your dish. I think that’s pretty awesome – I’m always looking for ways that I can “Sneak” extra servings of whole grains into my meals! I’m really looking forward to using both of these milks in smoothies.
Almond Fresh and Ryza are ideal for vegans, the lactose-intolerant, and anyone who wants to try something different.
One lucky Contest Corner reader will win a $40 Whole Foods gift card and a voucher for a carton each of Almond Fresh and Ryza! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, click here to view the Earth’s Own product line, then come back here and tell me another product you would like to try! This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway and Earth’s Own. Then come back here and leave me the link!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave me the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave me the email you subscribed with!
5. Become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Follow” button in my sidebar! Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment!
6. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: