The weather is warming up, and you know what that means: Bugs. Pests come in a variety of forms, but among the nastiest are stinging insects like wasps and hornets. If you’re preparing to deal with these stingers this year, then you might like to have a tool like TERRO’s new Wasp & Hornet Killer in your arsenal. And you’re in luck, because TWO lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a can of this new wasp killer, so read on!
Jai really dislikes wasps because he has been stung by them many times, and he’s always on alert if he sees on in the yard. So when I had the opportunity to review a complimentary can of TERRO Wasp & Hornet Killer, I immediately thought that this would be a great thing to have on hand. You may recall that I reviewed their fruit fly trap back in 2010, so I was eager to see what this newest product would be like. Jai’s been working in the yard over the last few days, so he had a chance to test it out and see how it would work. I deferred to him on this one, since he’s the wasp expert in our family , so this is a recap of what he told me about this product’s effectiveness.
TERRO Wasp & Hornet Killer is a a spray that shoots out 20 feet with quite good accuracy. Jai was glad to have it while he worked in the yard, because since we essentially live right on the edge of the woods, he’s had issues with running into wasps while weed-eating sections of old brush. In fact, he said he felt a lot more confident and assured just having this product nearby without even using it, because he knew he would have recourse if he ran into wasps.
One of his favorite features of this product is the fact that it foams up a bit when sprayed, so it covers a broader area. Since wasp nests have a hole at the bottom, Jai says that this thick & heavy foaming spray would work great for aiming right at the hole to stop the wasps right as they come out. He likes this spray and says that he can tell that it will be effective on nests; however, we haven’t tried it on a nest yet since there are none in the yard and we really did not want to go seeking one out. He did encounter one lone bee outside and tried spraying at it, but didn’t catch up to it – however, most people will use this on a nest versus chasing one insect around outside where it can fly off, ha ha! Also, I think if there was a wasp stuck in a small space like a house, this would do a good job of taking it out. I think this is an excellent item to have in the cupboard so that we can reach for it whenever the need arises.
If the “Buzz” on this has got you interested, be sure to check out Terro.com for more information!
TWO lucky Contest Corner readers will each win a can of TERRO Wasp & Hornet Killer! Here’s how to enter:
1. For your first entry, click here to visit Terro.com, then come back here and leave a comment on this post telling me another product that you would like to try. This step is required to qualify for the drawing.
Want extra entries? Do any of the following, and leave a separate comment for each one:
2. Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway. Then come back here and leave a comment with the link to your post!
3. Write about this on Twitter, then come back and leave a comment on this post with the link to your tweet! One Twitter entry per person. You can use the button at the bottom of this post to tweet with one click!
4. Subscribe to my blog updates by clicking here. Then come back and leave a comment on this post with the email you subscribed with!
5. Post my button on your website – just copy and paste the following code, and let me know where you put it: